Christmas lists are so much fun! Even if you don’t get anything on them it’s just fun coming up with a wish list of items you’d love to have and haven’t yet bought for yourself! I always keep my favorites together using a Pinterest board. It’s great because it’s so easy to click the photo and follow the link to the appropriate site for purchase! I always ask people I want to buy gifts for if they have Pinterest. It’s a great way to get ideas, even if they don’t have a specifically labeled board. I always try to keep my Christmas List items under a specific price. This makes them more realistic for me (although it would be fun to come up with a luxury list!). Here are just a few items I would love to find under the tree this year:
1. Check Woven Square Scarf – Nordstrom – $29.00 on sale for $18.90! Square scarves are my personal favorite when it comes to scarf shapes.
2. I’m in dire need of a standing floor mirror, and really love the sleek minimalist look of the HOVET Mirror from Ikea! – $129.00
3. Who DOESN’T want a cute pair of Nike’s for Christmas? I’m totally in love with the look of the Nike Metcon training shoe, and was overjoyed to find one with a rose cold Nike swoosh! – $130.00 on nike.com
4. Finding classy and simply jewelry at a good price is difficult for me. I really like the simple sleek look of this High-Low Faux Pearl Necklace from The Limited. – $29.95
5. I’m finally at the age where asking for household goods for Christmas actually sounds like a really great idea! And since I have a nice new couch that doesn’t have pillows as a backrest, I’m in the market for some cute matchy throw pillows. Target always has great deals on pillows, and you can find a large range of styles and options online! Pictured here: 2-pack of Room Essentials Suede Pillows in Teal ($15.99, reg. $19.99) and the Cersei Decorative Pillow ($20.99, reg. $29.99).
6&7. I literally live in athletic gear any hour that I’m not at work. Even though I probably own almost 20 pairs of leggings and more tops than I can count, I always find myself wanting more. Recently I discovered this adorable brand called Senita Athletics, a company that makes affordable athletic gear with POCKETS. Even the sports bras have a pocket in the back! An unbelievably nifty idea, which is why I’ve included two items on my wish list: The Fierce Capris with cute mesh cutouts in black ($35) and the Dual 2-in-1 Tank in the Bahamas print ($32).
8. One can never have enough plaid. I love a longer tunic-length shirt over a simple white tee or tank with black moto leggings with zipper detailing and cute black booties! H&M has a lot of cute plaid options, including this Long Shirt that comes in 5 different prints at $24.99!
9. Now that the Apple Watch has been out for a while, it’s unbelievably easy to find customized gear to spruce up your device. One wonderful website to check out for this is casetify.com . They have such a large collection of design options, and the ability to even create your own! Another great place to look and to support small business is Etsy. On Etsy I found this super cute wristband for $32.58!
It’s amazing how quickly individual items add up.
While it’s fun creating a Christmas List and dreaming of the possiblity of owning some of your favorite things, don’t forget to step back and keep in mind what Christmas is really about: enjoying time with family and friends, celebrating life and faith, and being as good of a person as you can possibly be. I know Christmas means something different to everyone, but it has become a very commercialized holiday. Don’t forget to think of others this holiday season, and I really encourage finding some way to help local families in need in your area during the holidays! Toys for Tots donation bins will start popping up everywhere, and donating warm clothes to shelters would be a great way to keep those less fortunate warm in the cooler weather.