I apologize for being so dormant the past few weeks. It’s been hard squeezing in any free time while I’ve been studying before I sit for the first section of the CPA exam next week! I’ve been spending almost all of my free time studying and sleeping. I don’t have the highest of hopes for this first sitting. I’m pretty sure I rushed it a little honestly. But I’m going to go through with it for the experience of taking it and move forward from there.
In light of that, my life has been as low-key and low-maintenance as possible. I’ve been skipping makeup some days and dressing down more often. I’m fortunate to work in a place with a casual dress code, so I can get in and out of work and straight home to studying without fussing with changing into more comfortable attire.
One of my big go-to’s and most convenience pieces continues to be my slip-on sneakers. I adore the convenience and the sporty look they lend to a casual outfit! Plus, you may be able to find the perfect pair that is both cute AND comfortable. Functionality at its finest! Which is exactly what I need in the final days of preparing for this exam. Needless to say, I was unbelievably excited when InStyle magazine mentioned that the lace-less shoe will be an oncoming Spring trend! As if I needed an excuse to find or buy more shoes. Here is a roundup of some of my favorite slip on shoes:
1. PUMA FENTY by Rihanna in rose gold. These go for about $100 and also come in quite a few other colors at different price points. I particularly enjoy these black ones also! Both are on my wish list! I’m totally in love.
2. ‘Ecentrcq’ Sneaker by Steve Madden. I’m in love with the quilted look to these. Adding texture to any piece on an outfit helps give it dimension and make it look a little more put together. These come at a pretty decent price point of about $60.
3. Okay, these Salvatore Ferragmo Giolly slip-ons may be a bit on the flashy side but I could totally see myself wearing them. Unfortunately my wallet says no: with a price point of $795 these shoes unfortunately will never make their way into my collection. But they’re fun to look at for sure!
4. Michael Kors does it again for me with these super cute embellished Keaton slip-ons. I have a serious thing for gem embellishments, as long as they aren’t overdone. These shoes would go perfectly with my favorite embellished hat from The Limited (see below!).
5. Alright, so far my list has been a bit pricey. Number 5 comes in at a great price point of $19.99 from Target! These Lydia Canvas slip ons have been a go-to for me for years. I have both the taupe and black, and need to seriously consider purchasing newer pairs soon. Mine are finally wearing down after almost non-stop use for four years! Yikes! Totally worth the $20.
6. If you’re looking for the quilted look of the Steve Madden shoes in #1 but hoping for a lower price point, Target delivers again with these super cute quilted-look Reese slip-on sneakers. I love the crisp look of the white on these, but they’re on trend in pretty olive and blush colors as well! Ringing up at only $24.99 a pair, they are a great alternative to pricier styles.
7. These Monnie slip ons from Target (Mossimo) are a newer addition to my closet. I bought them as a convenient shoe for running quick errands while still maintaining a simple sporty look. They definitely do the job, and are a lot more comfortable than I had anticipated! And I get quite a few compliments on them, which is an added bonus. Highly considering purchasing them in black as well.
I hope you enjoyed the post! Did I miss any great shoes that you would recommend? If so, leave a comment below!
Thanks for stopping by!